Paid advertising is great because once you’ve got ads and a funnel that works, you can turn on the switch anytime you’re willing to spend muponey to create money.
But content marketing continues to be important, and some would argue that over time it’s far more valuable than pay for traffic.
1. When you compare content marketing with paid search, content marketing gets three times the leads per dollar spent. This is huge, but remember to aspect in your time when creating content.
2. Effective content marketing generates over 3 x as many leads as outbound marketing yet it costs 62% less. Needless to say, a proven outbound campaign is generally easier and less work intensive to perform, so you’ve got to weigh your alternatives.
3. In 1984, a person saw the average 2,000 ads/day. By 2014, they saw around 5,000. Which means they actually focus on hardly any ads, thanks to ad overloadvertisement. Content marketing may be the ultimate work-around, to arrive under their radar and building trust in a means that no advertiswithing can.
4. Almost half of 18- to 49-year-old people obtain news and information online – and those numbers are growing. People 50 and older are usually no slouches as it pertains to the internet, either. Think of how many people you know who aren’t online. Personally, I know of 1. Just ONE. And her husband is online, so even she actually is
reachable if you can get his attention.
5. Small businesses with blogs get 126% more lead growth than smaller businesses without. You can teach businesses how exactly to blog, or even setup a blogging service for them.
6. After reading recommendations on a blog, 61% of U.S. online consumers made a purchase. Have you got a blog yet?
7. Content marketing rakes in conversion rates six times greater than other methods. SIX times. That’s hard to even fathom.
8. The most effective SEO technique? Content creation. That is real content that helps people. “Have you got a leaky roof? Here are 10 reasons your roof may be leaking and 5 methods to repair a leaky roof yourself. Do you want help finding the leak? Call us for a free inspection because we’re here to greatly help.” It’s no wonder why content like that will be more effective than an ad screaming, “PURCHASE YOUR NEXT ROOF FROM
9. Businesses publishing 16-plus posts per month get almost 3.5 times increased traffic than businesses publishing zero to four articles. Publish or perish, they state, and it’s true.
Paid advertising has its place. But if you too have a continuous blast of quality content to share together with your audience, you’ll build trust and gain business that simply cannot be achieved in virtually any other manner.